There has been an ongoing internet scam that has tricked hundreds of thousands of people out of their cash.
The Sterdio Smartwatch review boards will now show you the disgruntled people left out of pocket, but despite all the information on the scam, people are still falling for the con today.
A company called Magic Box released a very professional advert that showed a stunning smartwatch that was waterproof and packed with features to make your life that little bit easier.
At the end of the advert, you are offered the watch at a heavily discounted price and shown many people who had provided a Radiance A3 Watch review that made people believe that the offer was real and well worth purchasing.
Recommended Reading: Find out how the Fallout smartwatch reviews in our latest guide.
The Radiance A3 Watch Reviews
The other part of the advertising included many positive reviews posted all over the internet so that if anyone decided to do some digging into the offer, they would be met with hundreds of positive stories confirming the great deal.
Once people were convinced of the offer, then the orders began to roll in for Magic Box.
People were pleased with the huge discount they were getting on a smartwatch that looked amazing and offered a massive range of features.
Sadly, the scam came to light when the watches began to be delivered, and people realized that what they had ordered was not what they had received. Check out some of the false claims that the company made below:
- The advert suggested that the watch was waterproof, yet when it arrived, the back of the watch was only a clip-on, and so the watch was not able to be submerged in water.
- The advert offered a free wireless charger with the purchase, but when it arrived, there was no charger included other than a small micro charger.
- The advert showed a beveled screen that could be navigated by turning a dial that was attached to the screen, but when the watches arrived, this dial was unable to move.
- The advert showed a watch made from premium materials, but when it arrived, people were shocked to see it was made from cheap plastic.
Recommended Next: Can the Amazfit Bip make an impression on Apple and Samsung?
The Global Impact
With the use of the internet, the scam Radiance A3 Smartwatch review posts went global, and soon people from all over the world were spending money on this scam.
The result was an outpouring of people sharing their stories and trying to warn others.
Banks and companies like PayPal shared the information as a warning to customers, and news channels picked up the scam and reported on it in an attempt to warn people off buying them.
However, there was still a massive number of individuals that were still buying the watches only to be disappointed.
Recommended: We review the Micael Kors Sofie smartwatch in our latest guide.
Tips for Safe Internet Shopping
Internet shopping is not without its risks, and many people fall foul of scams because they don’t take enough time to check out a great deal.
If you are a fan of internet shopping, then try out our top tips to keep you safe when you are online:
- Always research an online retailer before you make a purchase; this will help you eliminate anyone that does not appear to be legitimate.
- Make sure that the website offers you a secure portal for payments so that your details cannot be harvested.
- Check out the returns policy before making a purchase to check that you know your full rights.
- Ensure your devices are covered with the right software protection so that you don’t end up with any viruses that will steal your information.
- Try not to purchase anything when on a public wi-fi network, as this will not be as secure as your home system or mobile data service.
- Whenever possible, use a credit card to make your purchases as they offer a higher level of buyer protection.
- Remember, if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is, and so it is best to pass than it is to get caught up in a scam.
Did you get caught up in the scam? We’d love to hear what happened in the comments section.